The Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) is a globally recognised standard of measuring the competence and integrity of investment professionals. It is the most respected designation for investment professionals who want to establish their competence and credentials. The Charter is recognised around the world by employers and clients as a sign of highest ethical and professional investment specialist.
• Join a network of more than 100,000 members in 135 countries
• Over 89,000 CFA® Charterholders
• 135 member societies in 58 countries
• Global recognition - most widely known and respected investment credential in the world
• Practical relevance of skills and knowledge
• Competitive-edge & career enhancing - stand out amongst the crowd with the credential that really matters in the world of finance
January / July
CEO, Credit Analyst, Chief Investment Officer, Equity Analyst, Fixed Income Analyst, Investment Banker, Investment Counselor, Securities Trader, Portfolio Manager, Portfolio Strategist, Sales / Marketing Professional, Security Analyst, Stockbrokers, Unit Trust Managers, Financial Adviser and many more.
CFA® Charter VS. MBA
• Many topics covered in the CFA® curriculum are similar to those in typical Master of Finance or MBA Programmes
• If you plan on working in a general business field outside of finance, an MBA degree may be a great choice
• But if you plan on working in a corporate finance or investment management-related profession, consider the CFA® charter instead of or in conjunction with your MBA
• Recognized as an equivalent to an MBA but more preferred by financial market employers
The CFA® Institute
• Established in 1962, based in the United States
• CFA® Institute is the global, not-for-profit association of investment professionals that awards the CFA® and CIPM (Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement) designations.
• Mission: To lead the investment profession globally by setting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence.
• More than 101,000 members (including more than 90,000 CFA® charter holders) in 137 countries
• Offices in the United States, UK and Hong Kong
• Awards CFA® designation
1.Have a valid international travel passport (required for enrollment and exam registration) - new requirement for 2011
2.Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program (Note: proof of degree is required for progression level II)
• Or have four years of qualified, professional work experience
• Or a combination of work and university experience that totals at least four years (Note: summer, part-time and internship positions do not qualify)
3.Meet the professional conduct admission criteria
4.Complete the online registration and pay the required fees directly to CFA® Institute
• Ethical and professional standards
• Tools and inputs of investment valuation & management (quantitative methods, economics, financial reporting & analysis, corporate finance)
• Asset valuation (equity investments, fixed income, derivatives, alternative investments)
• Portfolio management & wealth planning
The focus of the curriculum alters as you progress through the CFA® levels. Every level places an emphasis on ethical and professional standards. Each year an extensive curriculum is released, detailing Learning Outcome Statements, highlighting what you will be expected to know in the exam.
Each exam is 6 hours long, divided into morning and afternoon sessions with 2 hour lunch break. Every question is assigned a number of minutes; equal to the number of points it is worth, corresponding to how long it should take to answer the question.
• Level I exam (June & December) - 240 Multiple Choice Questions
• Level II exam (June) - 20 item sets
• Level III exam (June) - Essay Questions (am) & 10 item set questions (pm)
Attaining the CFA® Charter
• Successful completion of three sequential examinations - Levels I, II, III
• Completion of 48 months or 4 years of acceptable professional work experience in areas that directly pertain to the financial decision making process
• Compliance with the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
• Membership in CFA® Institute
Premier Course (60 hours)
• Develops the understanding of core syllabus areas with a clear focus on the exams
Intensive Revision Course (24 hours)
• Comprehensive key notes, exam style questions & answers
CIMA, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants is the only international accountancy body with a sole focus on business.It is a world leading professional institute that offers an internationally recognised qualification in management accountancy, focusing on accounting in business in both the private & public sectors. It is the voice of 164,000 students and members in 161 countries. CIMA is committed to upholding the highest ethical & professional standards of members & students and to maintaining public confidence in management accountancy.
Whatever career path you wish to take, a fundamental grounding in the basics of business and finance is essential in today’s constantly evolving business environment. The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting offers you the opportunity to build and develop your business and financial knowledge, both enhancing your CV and helping you to shape your career.
The CIMA Certifcate in Business Accounting can be entered at any stage in your career, either straight after school or college, after studying at university or if you are interested in career change. As an introduction into the world of finance, it is a recognised qualification in its own right. It can also be a stepping stone to the CIMA Professional Qualification for those of you interested in becoming a Chartered Management Accountant.
CIMA produces versatile professionals who have been assessed in a practical business setting and can apply their business skills in many different areas and roles. CIMA members go way beyond accountancy - they use their skills to provide analysis, decision support, value creation and risk management.
January / July
Open to All
Entry into the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting is open to all, regardless of your financial knowledge. All you require is a passion to succeed in business and be competent in mathematics and the English language.
All five assessments for the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting are exclusively taken using computer based assessment and use objective test questions.
Each assessment runs for two hours and the pass mark is 50%. The three main advantages of computer based assessment are that you:
• Have the opportunity to sit assessments with PSIAF, a Computer Based Assessment (CBA) Centre
• Can sit assessments, and if necessary re-sits assessments, whenever you are ready, at any time during the year.
• Gain instant results and performance feedback.
There are five modules that make up the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting. The learning and skills you will develop from these modules will provide you with an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of the different areas of accounting and how these relate to the business world.
Exemptions for Certificate in Business Accounting
If you enter the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting after studying at university, you may be eligible for exemptions from one or more of the modules. To see if you are eligible for any exemptions, visit here.
The CIMA Professional Qualification stands apart from other accounting qualifications – it is highly regarded by employers around the world because of its emphasis on strategic management and relevance to business.
The students will have adequate knowledge, understanding and mastery of the body of knowledge and skills.
January / July
• CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting or
• Relevant degrees in accountancy or business or
• Accounting Technician qualification or
• Selected relevant professional qualifications or
Students are expected to provide evidence of a level of English ability at least equivalent to 5.5 of the International English Language Testing Standards (IELTS) achieved within past 24 months or a pass in FTMSGlobal English Program at Intermediate Level 2 stage.
Please visit CIMAglobal to find out more about the above stated entry routes.
Operational, management, strategic and professional competence exams: Written examination papers of three hours, plus 20 minutes of pre-examination question paper reading time. There are two exam sittings each year, in May and November.
There are also two computer based sittings for the test of professional competence each year, in March and September.
Depending on your background, you may be eligible for exemptions from some of the CIMA exams. For more information please visit: www.cimaglobal.com/exemptions. Exemptions are a concession and are only awarded at the discretion of CIMA; there is no automatic entitlement to exemptions.
On successful completion of the Test of Professional Competence in Management Accounting, students may apply to be elected as members of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
Test of Professional Competence in Management Accounting (TOPCIMA)
T4 Part A: Initial Professional Development – Work Based Practical Experience
The module covers strategic Management, project management and management of relationships
T4 Part B: Case Study Examination
It comprises a case study that requires students to apply strategic management accounting, techniques to make and support decisions within a simulated business context. It draws on the material covered in the three strategic level papers but focuses on the application of strategic and practical knowledge to a real life business situation.